I’m not saying its totally necessary to plan every trip you’re taking in great detail, but its definitely handy to have a look at things you might want to see & do, not only will it help you in exploring your destination but also provide a guideline for budgeting.
In May myself and some friends are taking a trip to America to celebrate the end of my degree & my 21st birthday, we fly to New York for 4 nights, San Diego for 3 nights, LA for 4 nights, Vegas for 5 nights before heading back to LA for our final 2 nights before flying back to the UK. Ideally, I’d have liked to have gone for longer & visited more places however work commitments mean this trip is just under 3 weeks in total.
We booked this trip in advance, partly because it was so cheap & partly to allow us enough time to save for our trip. We have SO much to cram in to each leg of our trip.
So here is a few tips on how I like to plan my trips:
– Make a list of attractions you want to visit in each place
– Number them in order of importance
– Find out the price for each attraction
– Set a budget for each day of your trip (e.g $150 per day) then select as many attractions that fit your budget
– Buy attraction tickets before your trip, this means you can take less cash with you & you are guaranteed entry to the attractions
– Use trip advisor or Expedia to find attractions in each area
– Look for multi tickets and transport options to save money
– Research each place before you visit
– Talk to friends or family that have visited the area before
– Pick a hotel central to the attractions you plan to visit, it may be a little more expensive to stay central but it will save time and money on transport once you are there!
Once I have planned one of my stopovers in full I will share it with you so you can see what we plan to get up to. I would love to hear any tips you have, so please share them with me below! Thanks for reading xo